Attach documents to patients, providers, referring doctors, insurance plans and employers.
- Store scanned images, Microsoft Word or Excel Files, PDF files, etc.
- MDsuite allows documents to be attached to various MDsuite objects, e.g., patients, providers, referring doctors, insurance plans and employers
- Each object has a Documents section in the navigation bar
- Documents are grouped within the Documents section according to user-defined document types
- For each document type, the following can be specified:
- Access Rights: Operators, by role or specifically, who may view those documents
- Automatic Notification: Operators, if any, by role and/or specifically who is to be automatically notified when a document is filed
- Retention: How long the document needs to be retained
Three levels of document management:
1. Internal Documents
Documents that are generated by MDsuite, e.g., statements, insurance forms, patient documents, and EOBs created during electronic remittance. Whenever a statement or insurance form is generated, it is automatically stored. The document may then be viewed either by clicking on the billing entry in the Patient's Ledger or by locating the document in the Patient's Document section.
2. Insurance Cards and Driver's Licenses
These require purchase of a scanner and scanning software from 7 Medical. Scanners may be purchased with or without OCR capabilities. Insurance cards and driver's licenses may automatically be placed into the corresponding patient coverage or demographics screens. If OCR capabilities have been purchased, then certain fields such as policy numbers can automatically be placed into corresponding MDsuite fields.
3. External Documents
Documents such as scanned pages, Microsoft Word or Excel Documents, PDF files, etc. that can be attached to an MDsuite object. This is an optional feature. Consult with 7 Medical for pricing.